Happy Toasted Marshmallow Day!
From crazy milkshakes to S’mores flavored everything to food videos gone viral on FaceBook, marshmallows are the sweet treat that many can’t get enough of. Marshmallows are so versatile that you can do practically anything with them.
S’Mores Camping Cake from Fun with Frosting by K. Callard
So, in honor of Toasted Marshmallow Day, we are bringing you 5 totally easy ideas on what to do with your marshmallows, even if you don’t have a campfire.
1. Rice Krispy Treats! This delicious treat can easily be made with just 3 ingredients. Grab some rice cereal, butter, and of course some marshmallows and make a treat that you and your family will love.
2. Loaded sweet potatoes! Step up your potato game and make loaded sweet potatoes. Stuff them with cinnamon, brown sugar, and marshmallows and you got yourself a sweet treat that you can get away with eating for dinner.
3. Peanut butter and fluff sandwiches! Get transported back to your childhood with this classic combination that will have you praising whoever decided marshmallow day had to be on the calendar. You can even add some bananas in there if you want to sneak in some fruit.
4. Decorate using marshmallows! Want to have a little bit of fun with your baking? Use some mini marshmallows to top off your cupcakes and cookies! You can even toast them with a little blow torch for some added flavor and gooeyness. You can even stuff a marshmallow into the middle of a baked treat for an added surprise.
5. S’mores Dip! All you need for this amazing treat is butter, chocolate, marshmallows, and graham crackers—no campfire needed. Layer chocolate and marshmallows in a skillet and throw it in the oven for just a few minutes or until the marshmallows have toasted. You can use the graham crackers to scoop and eat the dip! YUM!
I hope that these marshmallow inspired tips have given you some inspiration. Dig out those marshmallows from your cupboards, get creative, and enjoy Toasted Marshmallow Day!
SHARE THIS POST: