Beer Cheese Fondue
“I like to use a light flavored beer to add to, but not overpower, the strong Gouda and cheddar. Beer and cheese: need I say more?”
–Author John Lemmon on Beer Cheese Fondue
With fall right around the corner, people are getting excited for Octoberfest, football tailgates, and pumpkin beer. So, in honor of National Beer Lover’s Day, we are sharing a recipe from one of our favorite beer books Beer Makes Everything Better: 101 Recipes for Using Beer to Make Your Favorite Happy Hour Grub by John Lemmon!
¼ cup beer
1 garlic clove, minced
½ cup Swiss cheese, shredded
½ cup Gouda, shredded
½ cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon Frank’s hot sauce
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1. Heat beer in large pot slowly over medium to low heat.
2. Add garlic.
3. Toss shredded cheese with cornstarch. Once beer is warm, slowly add cheese.
4. Lower heat and stir constantly with a whisk until all cheese is melted, 5—10 minutes.
5. Once beer and cheese are nicely melded together, stir in hot sauce and Worcestershire. Use beer to thin out if too thick.
6. Dip cubed French bread or bagels in fondue.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe share in honor of National Beer Lover’s Day. And in the words of John Lemmon: beer and cheese. Need I say more?
SHARE THIS POST: