Rack ‘n Cheese
We love the 4th of July, and not just because of the fireworks or the long weekend or the exclamation of American pride. But, of course, we’re here for the food. We’re always on the hunt for new recipes to try out, and when we came across this one, we knew we just had to share it with you all. Not only does it involve macaroni and cheese—an American comfort food staple—but combine that with some smoked rib meat and you got yourself Rack ‘n Cheese—a recipe we guarantee will outshine the fireworks this holiday.
If the three different cheeses in the homemade sauce aren’t enough to grasp your attention (and your taste buds), then just think about mixing that with your favorite hot sauce and a pound of deliciously tender rib meat—adding up to be a mouthwatering combination that will be the star of your 4th of July festivities.
So, as long as you make enough to share, then you have nothing to worry about. People won’t stop talking about it or eating it all day.
2 tbsp. canola oil
2 tbsp. flour
2 cups milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
½ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 lb. smoked rib meat, shredded & cooked
1 lb. elbow macaroni, cooked
¼ cup hot sauce
1. To make the cheese sauce, heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
2. When the oil starts to shimmer, add the flour and mix to make the roux.
3. Slowly add in the milk (to minimize lumps) and bring it to a boil.
4. Lower the heat to low and start adding the cheese slowly, stirring until all the cheese is melted.
5. Add the pork, macaroni, and hot sauce to the cheese sauce.
6. Mix well and serve.
Make a batch and enjoy your holiday the right way: with your favorite people and what’s soon to be your favorite dish.
America’s Best Ribs
By Arthur Aguirre
SHARE THIS POST: